There are 11 owner complaints spread out over 9 years, but the most belong to the 1989.
This generation ranks 4th in reliability out of 24 overall Lincoln generations.
This generation has been recalled 25 times. It's also part of 9 investigations and has 142 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 1989 Town Car at 115000 miles
- cooling system water pump failure in the 1989 Town Car at 115000 miles
- engine hesitates/stalls out after warmed up in the 1986 Town Car at 80000 miles
- AC / heater ac cuts out in the 1989 Town Car at 110000 miles
- AC / heater heater/ac not working properly in the 1988 Town Car at 100000 miles
- electrical headlights flash on and off in the 1987 Town Car at 90000 miles