ETB Puts MKX in Limp Home Mode
It's been a long road for electronic throttle body (ETB) complaints in Ford and Lincoln vehicles. It's been an even longer road for owners with ETBs that are prone to sudden surges, dangerous stalls, and being sent into 'limp home mode' whi…
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Engine Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2016 MKX engine shut down while driving 13 (100%)
- 1999 Town Car cracked intake manifold 7 (54%)
- 2004 LS stalling and cutting off 5 (38%)
- 2011 MKX coolant leaked into engine 4 (31%)
- 2004 Town Car engine blows out spark plugs 4 (31%)
- 2011 MKX dies while driving 4 (31%)
- 2004 Aviator vehicle keeps shutting off while driving 4 (31%)
Ford has issued a small but important electrical recall for 87 vehicles with improperly secured power supply cables.
The cables are at the starters and alternators and the unsecured connections could cause electrical arcs. Those arcs could easily start fires.
The recall includes the Lincoln MKT and MKX.keep reading